City Walk on Instagram
The Salaam Baalak Trust City Walk is an English guided tour of almost 2 hours conducted by children who used to live in the streets of Delhi before joining our Trust. Our guides are adolescents who have been fully trained as local guidea and who want to improve their communication and speaking skills. City Walk gets the children's stories heard, gives people a view of their world through their eyes. Those who take the City Walk tour through the streets of inner city of Paharganj and the area around New Delhi railway station, led by a child who was once living and working on the streets will experience special tour far from the tourist main attractions. City Walk is an example of how a volunteer's creativity can translate into a unique and enduring programme, which is both popular and economically viable. Over the last seven years, thousands have taken the Walk and empowered a number of children, helping them to join mainstream life.
City Walk Videos
- "It's not merely a walk. It is an opportunity to know about the great work done for street children."
- Pascale Routhiee
- "I liked the Walk and the way the guides conduct it."
- Delphine Brisson
- "I liked the engagement of the Walk. It kept me interested even in the heat. The stories by the guides were really inspirational, and the information received was so amazing."
- "I saw many different aspects of Salaam Baalak Trust. Motivational!"
- Michelle Doriah
- "Our friends have already done the Walk in the past years. They suggested us to do it if we are in Delhi. It was a great experience to be on the Walk. Hearing a personal story from someone who has been in a shelter was great."
- Jen Abbott
- "City Walk was a nice experience as it describes the whole journey of the Trust till date. Also, it helped me look at street children from a different point of view."
- Zenab Ansari
- "It was lovely meeting the kids and hearing about the good work the charity is doing; making a real difference in the lives of street kids."
- Sue Watson