Imagine walking through the lanes of Delhi with young boys and girls, and listening to their stories. It is an insightful experience in itself. These are the street children who are now taken care of by Salaam Baalak Trust. To enhance their communication skills, confidence, and knowledge, the city walks are organised regularly. We invite you to come for a walk with our children!
Please fill the following form and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible.
About the walk
- The walk starts at 10 am and is for 1.5 hours.
- This includes a walk near the Railway station, a visit to our Contact Point, a walk through the streets of Paharganj and finally to our Head Office.
- The meeting point for the walk is the Rail Reservation Center on Chelmsford Road, opposite the Sri Lankan Buddhist Pilgrims Rest House. An official guide from Salaam Baalak Trust will wait for you and will be recognisable thanks to his Salaam Baalak Trust t-shirt they'll be proudly wearing.
- You will be able to recognise the guides by the Salaam Baalak Trust ID card around their neck.
- After the registration (see the above form), you will receive a confirmation email with all the important information, including the COVID protocol.
- Sundays and holidays are not advised for the walk as it would be difficult to see the usual street life on such occasions.
- The minimum suggested donation for the walk is Rs. 400 per person for Normal Walk and Rs. 1000 per person for Private Walk, which should be paid to the accounts staff at the head office at the end of the walk. All funds raised through this program is directly used for the children.
- Payments through cheques, in favour of Salaam Baalak Trust, are also accepted.
For more details, please contact our Guides at +91 8373923266 or +91 9540124360. You can also email us at email@example.com.